Excellence in Pet Nutrition - GALWAY
Tuesday, 2018-02-20 17:00 PM-Tuesday, 2018-02-20 21:30 PM
Sandy Road, Galway, Galway, Ireland
Interchem (Ireland) Ltd will be hosting a series of CPD pet nutrition training sessions the first of which will run on 23rd January 2018. The training session will be led by guest speaker Kathryn Cuddy MVB CertAVP(VD) MRCVS.
Kathryn will present a comprehensive overview of the role of nutrition in small animal dermatology, with a particular focus on food hypersensitivity. Kathryn will advise on how to select an appropriate hydrolysed or novel protein diet, and how to avoid the common pitfalls encountered during an elimination diet trial. She will also present an evidence-based discussion on the use of nutrition as therapy in dermatological disease, and in particular canine atopic dermatitis, and an overview of some nutritional dermatoses you may encounter in practice.
Nicola Quirke B.Agr.Sc, National Sales Manager at Interchem, will cover sales training focusing on closing sales and not missing out on sales opportunities. Sinnéad Oakes MVB Cert ESM (UCD), Veterinary Adviser at Interchem, will be discussing 6 modules:
- Module 1: Key principals in nutrition of dogs and cats
- Module 2: Nutritional principles and strategies of the healthy dogs and cats, all ages, understanding the objectives and options
- Module 3: Clinical nutrition: Dermatology in dogs and cats, including nutrition in a multimodal approach to therapy
- Module 4: Overweight and obesity in dogs and cats, understanding and managing this modern epidemic
- Module 5: Renal disease, optimising nutrition to enhance clinical management of chronic renal failure
- Module 6: The role of nutrition in preventing and managing joint disease in cats and dogs
The training course will take place in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel from 5.30pm-9.30pm. With registration at 5pm.
Interchem is committed to 'Excellence in Pet Nutrition' and supporting its customers to develop the pet nutritional side of their businesses by training and certifying veterinary staff in leading edge pet nutrition education. The veterinary profession need to differentiate from competitors and give a value added service in terms of pet nutritional advice. Interchem endeavor to support their customers to become more relevant in this ever changing market.
Places are limited so don't delay in registering for what promises to be a very informative event. Cost is E10 to secure your place.