Interchem has a strong range of diagnostic services available and this range has grown since the acquisition of IDT in January 2020.
Diagnostic tools are vital in preventative medicine, making it possible to get fast, accurate information about the health status of your herd. Please contact your vet for further information.
Interchem’s diagnostic services are as follows;
• Flu diagnostics (sow and piglet). What strain of flu are your pigs/ sows positive for? It may be more than one.
• Using the correct vaccine for the strain you are positive for will mean quicker results in terms of pig performance and will make it easier for your vet to prescribe a vaccine
• Actinobacillus Pleuropneumoniae (APP) diagnostics (piglet): Piglets are blood tested at varying ages. This will tell us when maternal anti bodies are no longer protecting your piglets, and therefore when the correct age to vaccinate is
• Mycoplasma Hyopneumoniae (MHyo) diagnostics: Mycoplasma Hyopneumoniae can be diag nosed through our CLP programme
• Salmonella diagnostics: If you would like to find out where the highest challenge of Salmonella is on your farm, Interchem’s diagnostics can help
• Oedema Disease diagnostics: Faecal samples and/or intestinal samples are taken to determine whether or not your pigs are positive for Shigatoxin and are suffering from oedema disease
• Anaemia/iron deficiency: As discussed in the Iron Deficiency Anaemia piece, Lisa is available as part of Interchem’s haemoglobin testing service
For more information on any of the above, contact your vet.