How to make car travel more relaxing for your dog
Wednesday 17 May 2023
1. ADAPTIL Transport is clinically proven to help your dog cope when travelling:Studies have shown:
- 85% reduction of shaking.
- 71% reduction of panting*.
- Spray in the car or on your dog's blanket/bedding just 15 minutes before your dog gets in. They will then receive up to 5 hours of comforting pheromones.
2. You need to build up your dogYou need to start small. Start with a stationary car and reward them for relaxed body language. When you feel they are comfortable, progress to having the engine one and when happy with this stage progress to taking short drives.
3. Safety tips
- Make sure your dog is properly restrained for their (and your) safety.
- Options include a seatbelt harness, dog carrier, crate or dog guard.
- Introduce your dog to the appropriate restraint so they have positive associations with it beforehand.
4. Travel tips
- Stop for exercise and toilet breaks every 2 hours.
- Bring water for your dog with you.
- Keep the car well ventilated.
- Don't leave your dog unattended in the car.
Adaptil Transport - Calming spray to reduce car travel stress
Click here to buy now.