Why is good nutrition important for a puppy?
Good nutrition is always important for the health and well-being of your dog. But, as your vet will tell you, it is never more important than during the puppy period.
As they grow, millions of nerve pathways are being formed and extended. Bones and muscles grow and strengthen. Puppies grow quickly and so require a special diet to help their physical development. A specially formulated growth food is recommended. Food
that contains carefully balanced levels of amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
10 reasons why to feed Specific Puppy Food
- Starting your dog’s life with the best puppy food available, goes a long way towards insuring your dog’s future health.
- The Specific diet is a high quality dog food, with the stamp of approval from vets. Specific is exclusively available through your veterinary clinic. Click here to find your nearest veterinary stockist
- The Specific Puppy diet has increased energy levels and protein content to support growth.
- This also makes the Specific Puppy diet ideal for feeding the pregnant and lactating bitch.
- The Specific Puppy diet is supplemented with DHA to support the developing brain and retinal.
- The Specific Puppy diet contains added beta 1,3 and 1,6 glucans to support a developing immune system. Also to help fight infection at this vulnerable time during their development.
- The Specific Puppy diet is fortified with vitamins and minerals to support growth and development.
- The Specific Puppy diet has the option of different kibble sizes to encourage chewing in all size of puppy.
- The Specific Puppy diet has the option of wet food which is particularly helpful in the change over from milk diet to solid food.
- There is a Specific Puppy option tailored for larger breed puppies which has modified calcium & phosphorous ratios. Also energy density to ensure optimal safe growth rates in larger breed puppies.